Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - Sign On Bonus!
Our Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner works under the supervision of the Staff Psychiatrist or the Medical Executive Director and in accordance with established CCRS policy and procedure as well as within the State guidelines. Maintains any documentation required by state or facility guidelines to demonstrate compliance with supervision requirements. Provides psychiatric consultation, diagnostic and treatment services to the identified patient population, including medication management and crisis intervention services.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing school.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Psychiatric experience preferred and/or experience in a residential healthcare institution.
- Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) in the state of practice, as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Adult PMHNP certification.
- Must maintain CPR certification, and any other certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract.
- Provides comprehensive assessment, plan development, implementation of plan of care and evaluation of effectiveness of interventions with revisions as necessary.
- Initiate, monitors, alters medications and treatments according to approved protocols. Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements and practice standards relating to the prescription, administration of medications including compliance with organization policy and procedures, documentation, requirements, medication education.
- Monitors medication and initiates appropriate therapies for certain conditions and changes medications according to variations in a patient’s response within established protocols.
- Observes and differentiates between signs and symptoms associated with normal human physiology and those indicative of pathological changes.
- Documents all relevant patient care issues in patients’ progress notes and treatment plan all relevant patient care issues.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.