Our Psychiatric Technician provides clinical services to residents under the direction of the Nursing Manager or designated RN; establishes and maintains therapeutic relationships with residents; participates in community meetings and therapeutic groups; assists residents with activities of daily living (ADLs) and documents observations; and provides one-on-one direct observation of residents, when assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Psychiatric Technician Program, or otherwise qualified for California licensure as a Psychiatric Technician is preferred.
- BLS required.
- Six (6) months experience working in an acute mental health treatment setting within the past four years preferred.
- Qualified for California licensure as a Psychiatric Technician. BLS required.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with residents. Helps to ensure the unit is a therapeutic environment.
- Attends, participates in, and facilitates, as needed, community meetings and therapeutic groups.
- Participates as a team member in all unit activities, reports observations, and documents observations.
- Assists residents with maintaining ADLs.
- Teaches residents how to independently complete ADLs.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.