Location: MCI Cedar Junction, MA DOC, MA, South Walpole
Facility: MCI Cedar Junction, MA DOC
Job Type: Regular Part-Time
The Psychiatrist provides a full range of psychiatric services as well as clinical consultation and training to site staff as needed.
Education for Psychiatrist:
- Must be a graduate of a Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) approved medical school in the United States or Canada or an international medical graduate who has completed either a fifth pathway year or a valid Educational Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate.
Experience for Psychiatrist:
- At least 1-year experience in clinical psychiatry.
Licenses/Certifications for Psychiatrist:
- Must hold a current valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in Massachusetts.
- Evaluates those referred for psychiatric services.
- Documents all psychiatric evaluations and/or treatment in health record.
- Documents treatment on the appropriate form and places in the health record when patient consents to psychotropic medication.
- Coordinates medical consultations and lab work needed with the Health Services Administrator and Site Medical Director as needed.
- Monitors prescribed psychotropic medications to assess treatment effectiveness and medication side effects.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.