Our Psychiatrist assumes responsibility for the admission, continuing care, and discharge of patients; provides leadership to the multi-disciplinary treatment team; and participates in performance improvement and other activities.
Education for Psychiatrist:
- Must have a Medical Degree from an accredited university.
Experience for Psychiatrist:
- At least 2 (two) years’ experience in treating severely mentally ill patients highly preferred.
Licenses/Certifications for Psychiatrist:
- Must be board certified or eligible in psychiatry.
- Must have and maintain a license in South Carolina in Medicine.
- Must be able to pass and maintain clearance for a Public Trust Position, if working with specific patients.
Conducts admission and evaluation including a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation, mental status examination, assessment for movement disorders, and formulation of the patients’ capacity to consent.
Initiates treatment with psychotropic medicines and other available modalities in accordance with facility policy.
Follows up and monitors tests and consultations, provides education and diagnosis to the patients and when applicable, their families. Documents ongoing care and discharge readiness.
Conducts daily rounds on the unit.
Completes a summary of hospitalization including a mental status exam before the one-year anniversary of the patient’s admission. Completes all discharge summaries within 30 days of patients discharge.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.