Our Psychologist will provide clinical mental health services to offenders/clients at correctional and detention facilities. Provides clinical supervision and direction to mental health professionals if any personnel are assigned to assist them. Provides mental health services consistent with expectations of professional training and experience.
Education for Psychologist:
- Doctorate in psychology
Licenses/Certifications for Psychologist:
- Licensed to practice psychology in the State by the appropriate state licensing agency
Experience for Psychologist:
- Experience with mental health delivery systems
- Significant professional experience in the mental field that indicates knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders and psychological evaluation techniques, including psychological assessment instruments
- Responsible to provide clinical and consultation services in accordance with policies and procedures of Correct Care Solutions (CCS) and the standards of the American Psychological Association (APA), NCCHC, and ACA.
- Responsible to provide clinical services such as diagnosis and treatment of mental illness, psychological testing/assessment, psychological evaluations, crisis management services and other clinical services typically considered within the scope of practice of doctoral level psychologists.
- Provide direct clinical services duties as outlined in the position description of Psychologist as needed to meet institutional mental health service requirements. These duties may include diagnosis and treatment of mental illness, psychological assessment/testing, psychological evaluations, training to staff in areas relevant to Psychologist's clinical duties, and crisis intervention.
- Ensure that services provided are in accordance with relevant ethical and professional standards of care.
- Participation in case staffing or care management meetings involving active clinical cases assigned to Psychologist.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.