Qualified Medication Administration Person
Our Qualified Medication Administration Person (QMAP), under close supervision, assists in performing routine duties to include medication administration, inventory control and storage of pharmaceutical items.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- One (1) year related experience in a medical environment preferred.
- Completed QMAP training and passed competency evaluation in accordance with program requirements.
- Must have current CPR Certification and provide QMAP ID number for online verification.
- Preparing and administering prescribed medications to patients under the supervision of a licensed RN, and in compliance with all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulations governing the administration and documentation of medication.
- Adhering to all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulation regarding the administration and documentation of narcotic medications.
- Performing medication administration responsibilities while adhering to all safety principles.
- Documenting administration of medication on the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
- Documenting medications not administered on the MAR, and the reason for not being administered.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.