Regional Clinical Operations Specialist - West Region
Our Operations Specialist is a Registered Professional Nurse with experience in the practice of correctional nursing and processing, advanced studies and expertise in administration of nurse services. The Operations Specialist will provide necessary guidance to assist operational management team in making clinical decisions; assist in obtaining operational goals and objectives, as well as in developing appropriate policies and procedures of CCS and the facility; and maintain compliance with ACA, NCCHC and state accreditation standards.
The Operations Specialist is based in the west coast region of the United States, ideally in the Denver Colorado area, and requires extensive travel (80% including weekends) to any company location across the United States, though primarily those in the west coast region.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration or health related field preferred, but not required.
- Five (5) years of experience in delivery and administration of correctional medical.
- Five years (5) administrative, management and supervisory experience in correctional nursing.
- Organizational experience in operations and planning.
- Experience in understanding and managing budgets and analyzing contracts.
- Current clinical license, as applicable.
- Certified Correctional Health Professional (CCHP) strongly preferred.
- Assumes the role of site leadership (Health Services Administrator (HSA) or Director of Nursing (DON)) within operations and will cover shifts as needed at sites.
- Monitors the implementation and effectiveness of procedures and programs throughout the company.
- Evaluates statistical data, programing needs and problems throughout the company.
- Assists in planning and facilitation of nursing orientation, nurse in-service training, and continuing education within the company. Conducts ongoing evaluation of services and health care programs, proactively identifies potential problems, and assists in developing corrective action plans.
- Ensures compliance with CCS and facility policies and procedures, ACA, NCCHC, maintains professional relationships within the company.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.