Registered Nurse Case Manager
Our Registered Nurse Case Manager (CM) is responsible for the organization and coordination of fiscal and clinical resources and health care services for patients. Arranges medical transport to and from the CRCC and may accompany the security team to retrieve patients with complicated medical needs. Utilizes the nursing process to provide for optimum quality and continuity of nursing care. Integrates utilization review and discharge planning to ensure the ongoing provision of high quality nursing care.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Nursing Supervisor, Charge Nurse or other management level position in correctional, psychiatric and/or medical surgical nursing.
- Must be able to pass and maintain clearance for a Public Trust Position.
- Must possess interpersonal skills sufficient to interact with patients and families, to elicit cooperation and allay apprehensions.
- Must possess analytical ability to synthesize knowledge of nursing theory and practice, assessment and planning activities, technical expertise and delegation skills to provide effective nursing care for assigned patients.
- Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)in the state of practice or possess a multi-state compact license recognized by the state
- Demonstration of ongoing competence as a Registered Nurse in the provision of direct patient care.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment skills to be able to make independent clinical decisions
- in routine patient care matters
- Perform appropriate documentation to maintain the standards set by the CRCC and fiscal intermediaries served by the CRCC.
- Monitors clinical care appointments and hospital length of stays for clinical appropriateness using criteria based criteria based review tools.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.