Our Rehabilitation Therapist develops, organizes, and implements psychiatric rehabilitation groups and activities that address the needs of persons with severe and persistent mental illness. The Rehabilitation Therapist is also responsible for an array of daily interventions including groups, individual counseling, crisis intervention, behavioral programming and auxiliary support activities for patients. This position documents objective-driven contact notes that generate monthly progress notes. Curriculum and resource development are also key facets of the job. Finally, the Rehabilitation Therapist works in conjunction with the interdisciplinary treatment teams to achieve measurable objectives specified in the Recovery Plan.
- Bachelor's degree required in a human services field
- One (1) year experience in a mental health setting
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the facility
- Good writing skills
- Must be able to thoroughly and effectively document all work performed in the position
- None required
- Plans and conducts daily recovery groups, manages group process/dynamics so as to maximize patient participation and positive objective outcomes. Implements individualized behavior plans and MHT mentoring.
- Maintains creative, stimulating groups and room environment.
- Assesses and reassesses patients' strengths and needs and achievement of goals and objectives on the treatment plan.
- Performs timely, complete, accurate, and legible documentation of services provided that is consistent with professional standards, facility procedures, and department requirements.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitivity to the age and life span developmental needs of each patient. Completes yearly training.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.