Our Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for the daily data entries of the Nursing Services master staff scheduling program, and daily workflow of the nursing office. Primary trainer for scheduling system education with nursing leadership. Performs administrative duties requiring application of varied work methods and procedures. Work requires familiarity and/or specific training in the master staff scheduling program and implementation within standard policies, procedures and practices within the hospital.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college level courses a plus
- Two (2) years of experience as a Nursing Scheduler in a health care setting or three (3) years of experience in progressive clerical or administrative support to a significant department within a company
- Demonstrates accurate data entry of the nursing master scheduling program, utilizing advanced knowledge of computer software and hardware terminology
- Demonstrates good organizational skills, requires daily maintenance of the 1:1 Forms & Missed Punch Forms
- Must be able to exercise discretion, confidentiality, and judgment in challenging situations
- Must be able to make decisions and resolve problems in scheduling activities
- None required
- Schedules all staff to meet the fluctuating needs of the hospital (sick/vacation coverage, additional staff requirements). Inputs the monthly schedules for each nursing unit into the master scheduling program. Maintains pertinent information on the master staffing schedule for downloading of related reports as needed.
- Inputs employee vacation and sick requests into the master scheduling program on a daily/weekly basis.
- Completes reports and tracking required for all scheduling functions and other tracking as requested (overtime, appointments, 1:1).
- Collects, tracks, and ensures signing of miss punch and timesheets of nursing staff.
- Checks and distributes communications to Unit Head Nurses (both e-mail and hardcopies).
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.