Our Security Officer (SO) is responsible for maintaining proper security and safety standards for all residents. Our SO must make security checks and inspections of the entire working environment and correct or report to the proper authority all shortcomings and deficiencies. Our SO must prepare written reports of daily activities, and written reports of disciplinary infractions, accidents and incidents. He/she must develop and maintain a professional rapport with all residents, his/her supervisors and other employees in the working environment.
- High School diploma or GED
- College degree in related area preferred
- One (1) year experience in a correctional/security setting or forensic mental health facility
- Satisfactory completion of academic and on-the-job training as required for certification as a Safety Officer
- Ensures resident assignments are carried out; monitors all resident activity ensuring order and control.
- Ensures safety and compliance with post description as defined by the facility.
- Prepares and submits required facility reports without error in accordance with facility policy and time frames.
- Safely operates and maintains security devices such as gates, doors, CCTV cameras and perimeter fence microwave and shaker system.
- Maintains safety and sanitation standards.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.