Location: South Florida State Hospital, FL, Pembroke Pines
Facility: South Florida State Hospital
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Recruiter: Andrea Taylor
Our Security Officer provides security activities within and around the property of the facility as well as during off-site transports and at off-site locations where residents/detainees are present.
- High School diploma or its equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be able to successfully complete the CCRS Security Officer Basic Training Program.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States notwithstanding any laws of the State to the contrary.
- Not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, nor have received a dishonorable or undesirable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty or no contest, or is found guilty of a felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement shall not be eligible for employment or appointment as an officer, notwithstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
- Have his/her processed fingerprints on file with the employment agency.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Maintains security of an assigned post, being alert at all times and taking necessary action to prevent escapes. Monitors patient activities intervening as needed to control disruptive or violent behaviors.
- Utilizes and at times, monitors and controls all communication systems, surveillance systems and emergency signal systems, including but not limited to; fire alarm and thermal detection system, closed circuit television system (CCTV), computer terminals, perimeter-alert system, public address (PA) system and two-way radio system.
- Observes and monitors residents/detainees inside and outside of the facility for hostile or breach of security and safety behaviors, implementing necessary safety precautions.
- Responds to emergency calls, entering resident/detainee areas to redirect residents/detainees, controls fights, prevent escapes as well as assist treatment staff to prevent harm or injury from violent residents /detainees utilizing authorized aggression resolution/control techniques.
- Participates in searching resident’s/detainee’s areas for contraband and other unauthorized items.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.