Social Services Manager
Our Social Services Manager directs, monitors, and evaluates the social services provided in the RISE program. This position acts as a liaison between Social Workers, Re-Entry Specialists and the Forensic Program Director. This position helps supervise, organize and motivate Social Workers and Re-Entry Specialists and provides guidance and support as appropriate. In the clinical role, this position assesses, develops care plans, and treats patients from a psychosocial perspective providing related assistance in securing benefits, community and facility resources as well as developing/providing referral sources and outreach related to discharge planning specific to reducing recidivism for individuals completing the RISE program. This position conducts groups and supports a caseload of patients. This position also maintains communication links between the treatment team, families and guardians, as well as community providers.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling.
- Three (3) years of applicable experience in a mental health setting and in the provision of psychiatric social work is required.
- Knowledge of the DSM, the chronically mentally ill and community resources.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have a current Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Maintenance of the social work assessment schedule.
- Ensures that initial and monthly psychosocial assessments, consent forms, discharge plans, and communication logs are complete and that community outreach contacts, including Re-Entry site visits are made timely.
- Conducts psychoeducational groups and supports a caseload of patients.
- Participates in the performance improvement and quality review process.
- Participates in employee training and provides discipline specific clinical/administrative supervision.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.