Our Social worker provides mental health consultation to facility personnel and maintains effective communication. This position will also maintain accountability for services provided though appropriate documentation and participation in Quality Improvement program.
Education for Social Worker:
- Master's level degree in Social Work or closely related behavioral science field from an accredited college or university.
Experience for Social Worker:
- Coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, assessment and treatment of major mental disorders, crisis intervention, and mental health consultation.
Licenses/Certifications for Social Worker:
- Currently licensed as a Master's Social Worker or Specialist Clinical Social Worker with the appropriate State Regulatory Board.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification.
- Responsible to provide direct clinical and consultation services in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Facility/Unit, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of the National Association of Social Work.
- Responsible to report to the Mental Health Coordinator at that institution.
- Responsible to interrelate and work effectively with other Facility/Unit staff, patients, and outside support agencies as delegated by Mental Health Coordinator.
- Responsible to maintain confidentiality of patient information in accordance with State law, the Facility/Unit policy, and the standards of the National Association of Social Workers, the National Commission on Correctional Health Care and the American Correctional Association.
- Completion of specific duties and responsibilities as designated by the Mental Health Coordinator. Designation of duties will be determined by current needs of the patient population and the mental health professional's privilege status, taking into consideration staff members' interests whenever possible.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.