Our Social Worker must work effectively with patients and other staff. Provides Mental Health services to inmates and serves as a resource regarding mental health to other staff.
Education for Social Worker:
- Master's Degree in psychology preferred
Experience for Social Worker:
- Two (2) years post-degree clinical experience preferred
- Prefer previous correctional mental health experience
Licenses/Certifications for Social Worker:
- Must have licensure or registration as Social Worker
- Provides clinical evaluations for treatment needs of inmates referred by medical, counseling, security, or other facility staff.
- Provides evaluations of employees at the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer in emergencies.
- Provides clinical supervision of the facility Crisis Team. This includes provision of quarterly Crisis Team training and consultation to team members on all crisis interventions. Such consultations may be carried out by phone during off duty hours.
- Provides Crisis intervention counseling, brief therapy, and group therapy as indicated for institution residents.
- Provides consultation on mental health issues to the facility medical staff.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.