Substance Abuse Counselor
Our Substance Abuse Counselors provide addiction counseling services to individuals diagnosed with an addictive disorder. Addiction counseling may include limited assessment of addiction related issues, and individual and group counseling. Responsible for administering any defined treatment program provided by CCS or agency for whom CCS provides substance abuse treatment services, and is also responsible to assist in assessment coordination, planning, implementing and facilitating addiction programming at the facility. Works cooperatively with the clients primary therapist to develop treatment plan goals related to addiction counseling, and provides timely feedback to the primary therapist regarding any mental health issues that may be impacting the clients ability to progress in addiction counseling.
- Degree, certification, or experience in the substance abuse field
- Relevant experience in provision of addiction counseling services
- License in an addiction counseling specialty (Certified Addiction Counselor, Registered Addiction Counselor) or certified as a Counselor in Training under supervision or Social Work, Counseling, Psychology) or State license in Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology
- Current CPR Certification
- Under the direction of the site Mental Health Director, coordinates, plans, implements, and facilitates addiction counseling programs for clients.
- Provides initial needs assessment as well as individual and group counseling sessions related to addiction treatment needs.
- Receives referrals from Mental Health Professionals for clients who are in need of substance abuse counseling in addition to mental health treatment.
- Maintains database of all clients currently enrolled in addiction counseling to track current status in phases of addiction counseling program.
- Updates Mental Health Director on at least a monthly basis regarding the number of clients enrolled in each phase of treatment, the number of clients waiting to begin treatment, and the number of clients who have completed the addiction counseling program in the past month.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.