Therapeutic Safety Technician
Correct Care Recovery Solutions (CCRS) has partnered with the Massachusetts Department of Corrections to comprehensively manage and provide medical and mental health care, forensic mental health evaluation and treatment, substance abuse treatment and dental services to patients at Bridgewater State Hospital. CCRS is seeking qualified professionals to be part of this innovative program that will deliver care in accordance with a person-centered, trauma-informed recovery/resiliency philosophy. CCRS’ overall goal is to improve patients’ levels of functioning and wellness for a successful recovery and discharge from the hospital. CCRS has several exciting employment opportunities based at Bridgewater State Hospital for individuals to work alongside visionary leaders committed to improving public health. When you work at a CCRS facility, you have an opportunity to make a difference every single day.
Our Therapeutic Safety Technician (TST) is a member of an interdisciplinary clinical team focused on the delivery of care to all patients, and support the efforts of the clinical and medical personnel in delivering treatment to the patient population at the hospital. This care is to be delivered in accordance with a person centered, trauma informed, recovery/resiliency philosophy and approach to care. TSTs assist and support patients' wellness by ensuring a safe therapeutic environment throughout the hospital and during community visits.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Prior work experience with psychiatric patients in a hospital or secure mental health setting preferred, with a focus on patient safety. Must be willing to participate in extensive, ongoing training regarding serious mental illness, de-escalation and intervention techniques, core strategies, patient safety and trauma-informed care.
- Performs the duties and responsibilities of a wide range of patient safety assignments throughout the hospital as assigned.
- Actively engages with patients in monitoring the environment and well-being of all.
- Attends and contributes to therapeutic reviews by providing input into the goals and objectives developed with the patient.
- Works with the treatment team to institute individual crisis intervention plans and patient safety plans.
- Acts as observer of patients and provides de-escalation and redirection as needed.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.