Therapeutic Security Technician
Our Therapeutic Security Technicians offer front-line support to residents in the living units by continuously monitoring resident and unit activities. This position serves as a member of the treatment team while assuring the safety and security of the living unit.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor degree preferred
- One (1) year direct care experience in a forensic, correctional, mental health or hospital setting preferred
- None required
- Assists the Clinical Team Leader, Clinical Therapists and Psychologists in implementing the resident Integrated Care Plan.
- Assists the Educational and Vocational Instructors and Recreation Specialists with implementing unit based activities.
- Attends behavior committee meetings and 180-day Integrated Care Plan reviews for each resident on the unit.
- Participates in regular living unit group meetings with all residents.
- Assists the Unit Manager by maintaining the safety of the living unit and day rooms for residents and staff by enforcing policies and procedures, and conducting safety and security inspections.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.